Notice: ob_end_clean() [ref.outcontrol]: failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete in /home/brossmac/falalalala.com/fireside/index.php on line 95
2010 Christmas Releases

FaLaLaLaLa Fireside

Author Topic: 2010 Christmas Releases  (Read 256930 times)

Offline mr.christmas

• Santa's Little Helper
Re: 2010 Christmas Releases
« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2010, 04:13:28 AM »
There's actually a whole slew of others from the Christmas Hit Band on the previous page. You can check out the list at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004193H9M/ref=dm_dp_adp?ie=UTF8&qid=1284435781&sr=301-3

They're all available on the 28th of september. The only one that really sounds half decent is the Ultimate Acapella Christmas Classics.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:04:09 AM by mr.christmas »
"Once you pass it's borders,
you can never return again."

Lyric from the song 'Toyland.' My meaning, once you find the spirit of Christmas, you can never leave it.

Offline mr.christmas

• Santa's Little Helper
« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2010, 05:13:56 AM »
Berlin Voices - About Christmas

This sounds pretty nice. A foursome group reminding one of "The Manhattan Transfer," both in personnel and music style, so a kinda acapella meets jazz judging by the sound samples. You can check out this september 28, mp3 release at:

http://www.amazon.com/Berlin-Voices-About-Christmas/dp/B0041IX9ZA/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1284439549&sr=1-44
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:15:30 AM by mr.christmas »

Lyric from the song 'Toyland.' My meaning, once you find the spirit of Christmas, you can never leave it.

Offline mr.christmas

• Santa's Little Helper
« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2010, 05:21:28 AM »
Tranquillo - Christmas

Two beautiful ladies performing christmas songs via piano and flute(?). This mp3 is from september 13 of this year but will be available on october 18.

http://www.amazon.com/Tranquillo-Christmas/dp/B0042UUYDM/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1284441354&sr=301-1

Offline stubbysfears

• Santa's Little Helper
  • Ho, Ho, Uh-oh!
    • Stubbys House of Christmas
« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2010, 05:30:02 AM »
SEPTEMBER 28

http://www.greenhillmusic.com/item/GHD5706_Winter%2c+Fire+And+Snow

Amazon MP3:  http://www.amazon.com/Winter-Fire-Snow-digital-booklet/dp/B004237AU4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1284439071&sr=1-4

1. What Child Is This?   
  2. Emmanuel   
  3. Away In A Manger   
  4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings (Medley)
  5. Oíche Chiúin (Silent Night)   
  6. Captain O'Kane   
  7. Bells Of Christmas   
  8. In The Bleak Midwinter/Carolan's Cap (Medley)
  9. Suantraí   
10. Carolan's Welcome
11. Winter, Fire And Snow
12. The Wexford Carol

Every once in awhile, you just space out and can't see what it is you're seeing, no matter how often you look at it.  Such is the case with this release, the latest solo effort from former member of Celtic Woman and award winning harpist and vocalist Orla Fallon.  Every time I ran across this release in my Internet travels, it just didn't register--I couldn't even see it.  It took at article about the taping of Fallon's upcoming PBS Christmas special, "Orla Fallon's Celtic Christmas"--an article that didn't even mention the album--to shake the sand from my eyes.  At least I got it posted before the official release date.  Phew!

Fallon's harp playing is legendary and her ethereal vocals were a hallmark of Celtic Woman's sound.  As a solo artist, she still has an incredible presence, her voice as clear as a bell and as crisp as a winter's morning.  And, on the original "Bells of Christmas", she completely captures and creates anew the Celtic Woman magic.

For the Christmas special, set to air Thanksgiving weekend, Orla performed "Bells Of Christmas", as well as standards from the Celtic Woman catalog such as "Carol Of The Bells" and "Ding Dong Merrily On High".  She also duets with David Archuleta on "Silent Night" and reunites with another graduate of Celtic Woman, Méav Ní Mhaolchatha, on "Do You See What I See".  Méav also gets a solo spot in the special, singing "O Holy Night".  Country singer Mark Wills is on hand, as well.

Amazon doesn't have a hard-copy listing as yet, though the mp3 listing does include a downloadable digital booklet.  But hard copies are available through Green Hill and we're sure they'll turn up elsewhere as the season progresses.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:47:14 AM by stubbysfears »
"You got to live your life, bay-BAY, like Christmas is everyday!"--Junk Yard Saints ("Christmas Is Everyday")

Offline stubbysfears

• Santa's Little Helper
  • Ho, Ho, Uh-oh!
« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2010, 09:12:28 PM »
OCTOBER 12

James Brown, here, gets an all new post as we now have the track listing and product info and it's quite a lot to take in.  Let's just say, it looks like Hipo-Select is delivering on the promise of this collection's title and this release should be well worth it's high list price.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-James-Brown-Xmas/dp/B0041TM4AU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1284498711&sr=1-1

Disc One*
1. Let’s Make Christmas Mean Something This Year    
2. Sweet Little Baby Boy (Parts 1 & 2)    
3. Merry Christmas, I Love You    
4. Signs Of Christmas    
5. The Christmas Song (Version 2)    
6. Merry Christmas Baby  
7. The Christmas Song (Version 1)    
8. Please Come Home For Christmas    
9. This Is My Lonely Christmas (Part 1)    
10. This Is My Lonely Christmas (Part 2)    
11. Christmas In Heaven    
12. Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto    
13. Santa Claus, Santa Claus    
14. Believers Shall Enjoy (Non Believers Shall Suffer)    
15. Soulful Christmas    
16. Tit For Tat (Ain’t No Taking Back)    
17. Christmas Is Coming    
18. Say It Loud – I’m Black And I’m Proud (Parts 1 & 2)    
19. In The Middle    
20. Let’s Unite The Whole World At Christmas    
21. You Know It    
22. Santa Claus Gave Me A Brand New Start  

Disc Two**
1. Hey America  
2. A Lonely Little Boy Around One Little Christmas Toy  
3. Go Power At Christmas Time  
4. Christmas Is Love  
5. Santa Claus Is Definitely Here To Stay  
6. My Rapp    
7. I’m Your Christmas Friend, Don’t Be Hungry    
8. Merry Christmas My Baby And A Very, Very, Happy New Year  
9. It’s Christmas Time (Part 1)*  
10. It’s Christmas Time (Part 2)*  
11. You Know It (Single Version)    
12. Believers Shall Enjoy (Non Believers Shall Suffer) Single Version    
13. Hey America (Sing Along Version)  
14. Santa Claus Is Definitely Here To Stay (Single Version)  
15. Santa Claus Is Definitely Here To Stay (Sing Along Version)

The Complete James Brown Christmas Collection, available on hiposelect.com, is a 2-CD set featuring three original James Brown Christmas albums plus rare bonus singles. While there have been Christmas collections that included some of the these tracks, this release marks the first time each of the albums – Christmas Songs, A Soulful Christmas and Hey America – have been available on CD in full.

Brown’s first Christmas album, Christmas Songs, was released in 1966, a combination of original songs and cool covers, including two versions of the perennial seasonal favorite “The Christmas Song.” A Soulful Christmas, released in 1968, featured the single “Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto” and other funky favorites, as well as the only (at the time) place to get the full-length version of the top 10 hit “Say It Loud – I’m Black And I’m Proud.” Hey America was issued in 1970, with the international-flavored title track, the upbeat “Go Power At Christmas Time” and cult favorite “Santa Claus Is Definitely Here To Stay.”

The seven bonus tracks include the non-LP single “It’s Christmas Time”; alternate single versions of “You Know It” and “Believers Shall Enjoy (Non-Believers Shall Suffer”; and “Sing-Along” (instrumental) versions of “Hey America” and “Santa Claus Is Definitely Here To Stay,” which on this collection will be in stereo for the first time in any format.

Also in the package are an essay, detailed recording information and a bevy of rare photos, memorabilia and reproductions of the original LP cover artwork.

Go Power – it’s Christmas Time!

*Tracks 1-11: Christmas Songs
*Tracks 12-22: Soulful Christmas
**Tracks 1-8: Hey America
**Tracks 9-15: Bonus Tracks
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:59:27 PM by stubbysfears »
"You got to live your life, bay-BAY, like Christmas is everyday!"--Junk Yard Saints ("Christmas Is Everyday")

Offline stubbysfears

• Santa's Little Helper
  • Ho, Ho, Uh-oh!
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2010, 10:02:15 PM »
NOVEMBER 16

http://www.amazon.com/Joy-World-Pink-Martini/dp/B0041QSZJM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1284309543&sr=1-2

White Christmas  
White Christmas (part II)  
Shchedryk (Carol of the Bells)  
Santa Baby  
Elohai, N’tzor  
Little Drummer Boy  
Congratulations–A Happy New Year Song  
Do You Hear What I Hear?  
La vergine degli angeli  
We Three Kings  
A Snowglobe Christmas  
Ocho Kandelikas
Silent Night  
Auld Lang Syne

A lovely, globally inclusive holiday album for the 21st century! Pink Martini brings its festive globetrotting approach to the holidays with an exploration of glorious seasonal music from around the world.

The eclectic jazz/pop/latin/lounge act from Portland, Oregon, Pink Martini, will release a full Christmas album on November 16, called "Joy To The World".  And the playlist looks every bit as eclectic as the band itself, featuring songs for Chanukah and New Years in addition to Christmas, and clearly giving a nod to the global experience that is the holiday season.  The album will feature an array of guests, including Japanese pop star Saori Yuki and NPR correspondent Ari Shapiro, backed by a fabulous gathering of Portland choirs.

Also of note will be the packaging for this release.  The CD will feature 3-D packaging—each layer of buildings will be a separate flap, giving the city four layers of die-cut depth. The digipak will be covered by a clear plastic panel, on which the album title will be printed, along with delicate white snowflakes that will appear to float in front of the city.  These packaging "special effects" tend to disappear as the albums become catalog after the first year of release, so it might be a case where it pays to buy it now rather than hope to pick it up down the road (you know, if the packaging matters to you).  

Pink Martini has dabbled in holiday music before, with their seasonal tracks generally ending up on Starbucks compilations, but this will be their first full holiday album.  

Offline stubbysfears

• Santa's Little Helper
  • Ho, Ho, Uh-oh!
« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2010, 08:43:40 AM »
OCTOBER 5

http://drewdavidsennetwork.ning.com/

http://www.drewdavidsen.com/store.html

http://www.indieheaven.com/artist_main.php?id=20094

Angels We Have Heard On High
Away In A Manger
We 3 Stringz
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Silent Night
Carol Of The Bells
Joy To The World
Little Drummer Boy
O Holy Night
Christmas By The Cement Pond

Drew Davidsen's new Christmas CD features inspired performances setting the backdrop for a wonderful holiday season, evoking rich textures and new reveries in these brilliant, classic melodies. 'We 3 Stringz, ' features guitarists Chuck Loeb, Paul Jackson, Jr. and a host of wonderful Nashville session players, released just in time for the upcoming holiday season.

Drew Davidsen is a Smooth Jazz guitarist, inspired by and in the tradition of George Benson.  And, while far too much Smooth Jazz is stripped of all personality resulting in the blandest form of pablum, this cat can flat-out play.  The arrangements, by and large, are fresh, Drew's guitar playing is fantastic, the production is top notch, and the surrounding musicians bring their best game.  The title track is the clear standout and "Carol Of The Bells" swings mightily as well.  Sure, the music here is smooth, but Drew never loses sight that it is first and foremost Jazz.  You should definitely be able to pick up on the George Benson influence, particularly on "We 3 Stringz", but you'll also catch echoes of Lee Ritenour and even Pat Metheny as the album unfolds.  Anyway, I really enjoyed it; your mileage may vary.  You can stream the album at Drew's spot on the Jazz Network Worldwide and purchase and download the tracks you want or (pre)order the CD through Drew's web site.

Release dates for Indie releases are kind of elusive.  Whereas major labels have the resources and machinery to plan a targeted roll-out, Indie artists are kind of at the mercy of a variety of circumstances and the manufacturers they contract are smaller and tend to take longer.  Then there's the whole issue of getting the product to the on-line retailers.  So, while hard copies are not yet available, the mp3s were available for purchase beginning September 9, through the Jazz Network Worldwide, and that's the date we're going with.  You can pre-order the hard copy through Drew's web site (autographed, no less), to get it quickest.  The CD should then show up at Indie Heaven, then CDBaby and it'll probably be available at Amazon sometime in early November.  Such is the life of an Indie artist.

Update (9/15/10):  Just got a note from the folks responsible for this release.  They tell me that hard copies will arrive on October 4 and will ship the following day, so I've updated the listing to reflect an October 5 release date.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:53:33 PM by stubbysfears »

Offline stubbysfears

• Santa's Little Helper
  • Ho, Ho, Uh-oh!
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2010, 04:36:24 PM »
NOVEMBER 9

Update 9/27/10: Track list and product info added.

http://www.amazon.com/Very-Merry-Christmas-Dave-Barnes/dp/B00442FP64/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1285271966&sr=1-15

http://www.christianbook.com/dave-barnes/very-merry-christmas/pd/CD18965?item_code=WW&netp_id=845622&event=ESRCN&view=details

1. Very Merry Christmas *
2. Christmas Tonight * (with Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum)
3. All I Want For Christmas Is You
4. Meet Me At the Mistletoe *
5. I’ll Be Home For Christmas
6. I Pray On Christmas *
7. Family Tree
8. Holiday Made For Two *
9. The Christmas Song
10. Mary and Joseph *

*Dave Barnes original

11. O Come Emmanuel (iTunes exclusive track)

With a nod to the classics, Dave Barnes’ first-ever holiday project, Very Merry Christmas, evokes the traditional soul of the Christmas season while adding splashes of his well-known signature contemporary flair and lively persona. At once familiar and cozy, Very Merry Christmas features four yuletide staples meshed with six originals penned by Barnes himself. Very Merry Christmas will be available both physically and digitally November 9th.

Very Merry Christmas showcases the quintessential Dave Barnes – classy, romantic, and hip with traces of his traditional Southern upbringing. The album's highlight, “Christmas Tonight,” features Lady Antebellum’s Hillary Scott joining Barnes for a special Christmas duet. The additional original tunes include more guest appearances, such as Thad Cockrell on “Mary and Joseph” and Grammy-award winning singer-songwriters Shannon Sanders and Drew Ramsey who appear alongside Barnes with Scat Springs on “Very Merry Christmas.”

Barnes adds his own classic touch to the cover songs, including Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You,” Bing Crosby’s classic “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” and “The Christmas Song.” A special version of “O Come Emmanuel” will be available exclusively to those who purchase the album through iTunes.

Riding the success of a Top 5 Contemporary Christian hit, "God Gave Me You", and fresh off of a June appearance on All My Children, Dave Barnes' music is difficult to pigeon hole.  The Nashville artist slides easily from Rock to Folk to Blues to Easy Listening.  He's even done some comedy at FunnyorDie.com.  Alternative Country seems to be the label of the moment.  In any style, it is Barnes' exquisite lyrics that generally draw the most attention and critical praise.  Barnes calls Razor & Tie his home, these days.  Earlier this year, the label green-lighted a Christmas album for the emerging artist.

Look for Dave Barnes' Christmas album this November and, in the meantime, catch up by checking out his latest album, What We Want, What We Get.

:snowman:   :snowman:   :snowman:   :snowman:   :snowman:

http://www.amazon.com/Shout-Joy-Spiritual-Barbara-Hendricks/dp/B0042CJUF8/ref=sr_1_26?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1286590249&sr=1-26

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8298294

HANDEL: 3 exc. from Messiah
Joy to the World  
FRANCK: Panis Angelicus
GOUNOD: Ave Maria  
ADAM: O Holy Night
MENDELSSOHN: Hark! the Herald Angels Sing  
GRUBER: Stille Nacht–Silent Night
REGER: Mariä Wiegenlied  
SCHUBERT: Ave Maria  
WADE: Adeste Fideles  
TRADITIONAL: Quittez, pasteurs  
What Child Is This  
Coventry Carol  
Ding Dong Merrily on High  
The First Nowell  
Sussex Carol–On Christmas Night True Christians Sing  
SPIRITUALS: Shout for Joy  
Oh Jerusalem  
Go Tell it on the Mountain
Mary Had a Baby  
Ain’t That a-Rockin’
Beautiful Star  
Rise up, Shepherd, and Follow

Fifteen years after EMI’s Barbara Hendricks Sings Christmas—one of the soprano’s best sellers—Barbara presents a Christmas album focused on sacred music. With new arrangements for orchestra, organ, string quartet, and blues ensemble, this wonderful selection of carols is a delightful musical companion for the holiday season.  Featuring the Drottningholm Baroque Ensemble and the Daniel Blendulf String Quartet.

All new recordings from the world famous soprano on her own Arte Verum label.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:13:31 AM by stubbysfears »

Offline mr.christmas

• Santa's Little Helper
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2010, 02:06:03 AM »
The Happy Christmas Redux, Vol. 1-3 is now scheduled to be released on october 5, not the 28th of september as was previous. http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8279253

Offline DavesWorld56

• Dave's Not Here
  • Santa's Little Helper
  • "That's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown"
    • Children's Records & More
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2010, 04:50:24 AM »
Wow.  What a list Stubby!!!  Thanks for that.

Copyright © FaLaLaLaLa Fireside